Well its been a week and a half since I finished the 3 day cleanse and YES I am just now blogging about it!
I eat clean, I like eating clean, I don’t care what the scale says and honestly I don’t have to weigh myself because I know when I’m off track! I can tell when my food choices are slacking because I feel bloated, my skin isn’t vibrant, my energy level is down and I just over all feel blahhh! That was exactly how I felt when we came home from our New Mexico trip.
I had eaten the bread, the cupcakes and the campsite favorites! It was absolutely catching up to me. I chose to do the 3 day refresh as a way to really regain quick control of my out of “controllness” on the trip to and to jump start myself back into my routine.
It worked of course, but I went down kicking and screaming. It wasn’t a pretty site in our house those 3 days. I had a headache, I was grumpy and the mental fog was ridiculous. So what did I learn: Food truly does affect your mood and just about everything around you! When you eat like crap you truly feel like crap as well. Plus it is going to take you a few days to get back on track again. It for sure doesn’t just happen overnight. It took me almost a week to catch up and regain that control of my food choices. But at the end of the week I was feeling much more like my pre vacation self. I believe that it is important to take vacations, to let your hair down and to enjoy yourself but to get back on track once at home.
So over the course of that 3 days I lost 5.5 pounds. I wasn’t as concerned with the pounds as much as I was about how I felt. I got my energy level back, the cravings for carbs and sugar to the normal level and the carb coma was gone! It was a great way to kick start myself back into my 21 Day Fix lifestyle!
<—-My first fiber sweep – it wasn’t near as bad as I expected it to be. Tip: chug it!
So what is the 3 day refresh? Its a 3 day cleanse that is designed to help you lose weight, to help you regain control of your nutrition and to give your body that fresh clean slate it needs to continue making healthy lifestyle choices.
The Refresh is a calorie restricted 3 day diet but it will not kill your metabolism or harm your body. You are eating nutrient dense foods that will give your body the proper nutrition that it needs to function properly each day over the 3 day period.
- You need a break from a period of unhealthy eating.
- You used to eat pretty well but have recently fallen off the wagon and need some help getting back on.
- You want to jump start healthy eating habits for a new workout program.
- You want to quickly lose a few pounds for an upcoming event.
- You’ve never been a healthy eater, but are ready to kick start better nutrition for the first time.
- You want your clothes to fit better.
- You want more energy.
- You love food and want to be satisfied while you lose weight and get healthier
- You’ve tried liquid fasts or other fad diets and they simply don’t work.
- Water, lots of water! In addition to the water you drink in your shakes and teas, we recommend you drink at least half your body weight in ounces of filtered water each day.
- Breakfast: Shakeology, plus one fruit option
- Morning Tea: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal or green tea
- Late Morning: Fiber Sweep, a digestive health drink
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh shake, plus 1 option from the fruit list, 1 option from the vegetable list, and 1 option from the healthy fats list
- Afternoon snack: 1 option from the vegetable list, and 1 option from the healthy fats list
- Afternoon tea: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea (caffeine free)
- Dinner: Vanilla fresh shake, 1 option from the dinner recipes, and 1 cup of organic vegetable broth (optional)
- Evening tea: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea (caffeine free)